Monday, November 7, 2011

First try at sewing baby clothes

I made some pants for a workmate's wee girl. The pattern came from Anna Marie Horner's book 'Handmade Beginnings'

They are reversible  pants that have a main pattern and then a feature yoke on the back. I enjoyed making them - they were a good beginner project for me. I will definitely be making more. For some reason I really enjoyed making the elastic waistband and seeing the band change from flat to crinkly with the elastic - I'm weird I know!

I liked the fabric I used, I think they go well together.

Side One Front


Side one Back

Side Two Back

Side Two Front


All fabrics are from the 'Hoos in the forest' range. My favourite is the one with the little woodland creatures.

(Please excuse the terrible photos)

I'm entering this in Celebrate Color's Competition in the Wearables section

2 comments: