I reflected on my quilting journey the other day and looked at the parts I love and the parts I don't love so much.
What I love (in no particular order):
- Hand binding - I loved hand binding the quilts I have done, it's quite therapeutic to take it slowly and think over things as I bind (or more often watch TV or DVDs as I bind!)
- Piecing - I enjoyed this part of the process - sewing all the pieces together
- Fabric choice - both in general and also when choosing the layout of fabric in my quilt.
- Quilting - I'm going to hand quilt my next quilt and see if I enjoy that too
What I didn't love so much:
- Cutting - I think because I'm impatient and want to get on with the piecing. It takes so long and I get bored of it easily
- Basting - eurgh, I don't have much room to spread a quilt out and pinning takes soooooooo long. I think I might try a spray baste next.
I've also sewn my first clothes. Well a pair of baby pants for a little girl. I'm going to start sewing more baby clothes so I can build a stock pile of new baby gifts. I may need to change my blog title to reflect this.
Anyways - back to binding (Apparently blogging is one of the few things you can't do while binding, ha ha)
Picture posts to come soon I promise!